Thursday, July 28, 2005

your sorry kid asses

I remember seeing you guys as kids do stuff that blew me away. It made me choke up to see you boys play soccer as well as you did. Or to see Nicole perform on stage. I had pride by association, but that takes away from your accomplishment. Really, I was flat-out impressed. It was recalling those things that helped me have kids. I remember certain instances with a lot of clarity. Now when I see my own kids do stuff, I get choked up.

I've learned that fear in our family produces contempt. We don't yell so much but we do get mad, then we just get amazingly sarcastic and contemptable. Sometimes that's funny and all, but sometimes it is our escape mechanism. Look at the title of this post and you'll see what I mean.

I'm so happy to have partaken in those experiences but I've never shared them. Why? Because I don't really know how. But I'm learning. So thanks for that, straight up.

The 39 Planation Street fixuh uppah is another great example of that. Way to go Mike.

2 comments:

Big Brother said...

I don't mean that kind of sharing, unsolicited advice sharing. I mean the kind of sharing of how impressed I've been at various times. Rather than saying, 'you just blew me away with what you did,' it was more of a 'you don't suck,' sort of thing.

"the favorite" said...

I am bad at apologizing and not very good at giving compliments.
I guess I am not very good at opening up.
So let’s just say that I am sorry for anything that I may have said or did that offended either of you in the past.
I am very proud of you both for your many accomplishments through out your lives. Even your failures because you had the guts to try.