Saturday, July 23, 2005

Has this blog become too much about me

When I read my entries e.g. Sibling Rivalry: Considering Leaving Microsoft, I get the sense that I'm the only one reading this stuff. That's okay. However, I don't need a blog for that. I can (and do) write in my own journal.

I thought this would be a private (at least semi-private) place for us to communicate about big ideas. I like talking to you all and I don't get the chance very often. The time zone and the timing can be tough. And, it avoids the problem that I live 3,000 miles a way.

But if it isn't going to prompt discussion and input, then let me know.

3 comments:

"the favorite" said...

I have been away for a while. Not really "away", I just have not visited the site. I had started to think along the same path because it seemed to be only Nic, Fran, and me on occasion.
As long as you have somewhere else to go, get out. Have you been looking to make a move, like seeing what else is out there?

Big Brother said...

Fav, your comment 'As long as you have somewhere else to go, get out. Have you been looking to make a move, like seeing what else is out there?' was about my job sitch, right?

I don't have any particular place to go yet. But the unhappiness is pretty signficant. For the first time in awhile, I AM taking the time to look at other options but so far nothing definitive.

Big Brother said...

I gotta change my screen name. I see NF and it confuses me. Sometimes I read stuff and think, "that sounds like I wrote it." Duh!