Thursday, July 28, 2005

It's not the money

New nickname: Big Brother - how'd I not think of that in the first place on a blog called Sibling Rivalry?

Aside: I've started a new post because long comments are easy to lose and it 'pings' me when a new post is there.

The thing I've realized is that the quibbling about the house is not about the money. Yes, you have to be prudent or at least not imprudent. But mostly I want to know that we are buying something that is good for us. Someplace that will help us create a nurturing environment for ourselves and our kids. Someplace that will provide a vehicle for the many talents/skills that make getting up in the morning worth it, from decorating to cooking to hosting family and friends, etc. If that's what you are getting when you pay $20,000 more dollars than you'd hoped, it is a lot more palatable.

No comments: