Saturday, September 24, 2005

Newsreader and aggregators

I found a shortcoming in our current blog. Only one person is notified when there are comments. I thought it had a setting for each administrator but it doesn't. So when 'Moi' changed it to her email, Big Brother stopped getting notified. And it would explain why others are not 'pinged' after comments are added.

However, I think there is a solution. There are apps that aggregate blog feeds. In other words, you can have a web page or app on your machine that has your favorite blogs all in one place and tells you when a new post and, hopefully, new comment has been posted.

I have been using the freeware SharpReader, but it doesn't appear to have this feature. Anyone using another aggregator that does have this feature? Let me know.

1 comment:

Big Brother said...

Ugh. That won't be necessary. Ask your roommate or other geeks you might know.

Key words to mention: PC, Blog, Aggregator, Atom not RSS, Comment notification.