Sunday, March 27, 2005

What is a home?

Recent discussions with C and J prompted me to consider this blog question: What is a home?

My goal is to create a thread like the one we created several years ago about x-mas, where each sibling chimed in with their thoughts about the Christmas experience. The thread showed that our experience today is often shaped by our recollections of youth among other things.

I want to provide a place for the collection of these disparate thoughts, where each sibling can offer them non-judgementally.

I want to avoid people disparaging another persons ideas. However, I think you should be able to comment on them for contrast. Feel free to expand on this rule.

You might say, "J says that his thought was modeled after Mom's view of "home." My interpretation is different." That way, you have set the context but not said J was wrong and therefore an idiot. No offense, J. You're just an example.

You can comment anonymously or not. Let me know if you want different code name.

Here is the basic question: What is home to you? In what ways, did your experience in our familial home influence you? What do you look for in a house?

1 comment:

Big Brother said...

I like that. The people you share with are important.

The kids have come to dominate that aspect for us. Sometimes, maybe a bit too much. But it's hard to know.