Friday, April 07, 2006

Graduation and Tuba lessons

Congratulation Kid-Rolla on graduating. You are all edjumacated now. Officially, the way we count in our house, you are smarter than me. Why? Because you went to more school. I'm the smartest in our house because I went to my school.

I took my first tuba lesson in 20 years. That's right, you heard me. I said twenty years. It went okay. Also, I played my first concert in only slightly less time. And I didn't suck. In fact, I played pretty well. The orchestra sounded good for a bunch of amateurs. On all but one piece, I think we played our best.

It is the first music lesson I've ever had from someone younger than me. That too was a little weird. I am back to a lot of basic stuff. But that's what I want. I want to go back to the basics and build up a little. Later, I can think a little more about artistry and skillz.

No comments: