Saturday, April 15, 2006

Concerts, work, and the house

I played in my first couple of concerts last week. Three of the 7 pieces had tuba parts.

Finlandia - Sibelius
Overture for Romeo and Juliet - Tchaikovsky
Name unknown - Gabrielli brass chorale

The second concert was better than the first. Overall, we played pretty well. The kids and Amy probably had never seen me play in a real concert. Paul, Katherine, and Dylan came too. It was a fun time.

Work is going well for me. I've complained a lot about it in the past so I'm just lending an update. It seems to go better when I care less about it. I have other interests in life and that seems to provide me with some needed balance.

The work on our house is finally done. We have some clean-up and painting to do. It looks great. At some point, we will put up some before and after shots.

I hear that Nicole and Derek are living at 39 Plantation. That's kind of weird but cool. I hope that Worcester can handle them. ;-)

1 comment:

Big Brother said...

Did I say Nicole and Derek? I meant FIRE_BAD and Kid-Rolla.